(sō’-shē-ǔs) n. (Latin)
a partner, associate or ally
Socius Capital is an independent private equity sponsor that works with experienced middle market management teams to provide capital and lead transactions that ultimately result in those teams realizing their goals of owning a material equity position in their enterprise. We also provide growth capital to ownership groups, including acquisition financing.
From offices in Denver, Tampa and Ketchum, Idaho, Socius focuses on opportunities throughout the western and southern United States.
With extensive experience managing and investing in mid-cap businesses, we work hard to drive significant increases in equity value for our partners – both remaining owners/managers and co-investors.
Our investment philosophy can best be summarized as follows:
- Back builders of closely-held businesses
- Provide financing and expertise to proven, profitable companies with business plans that have manageable execution risk
- Focus on event-driven transactions, such as generational transitions, growth through acquisitions and recapitalizations to buy out retiring or inactive shareholders
- Provide flexible capital structures that utilize combinations of debt and equity financing to maximize the upside of management co-owners
- Support portfolio companies through active board participation and by facilitating access to world-class functional expertise to create enduring equity value